Monday, November 22, 2010

Which are you?

Our Daily Bread
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you have read about the ups and downs in my "no ordinary life". Actually, the ups and downs are part of any life. It is how we react to those ups and downs that define us as people and as children of God.

The devotional gave two examples: the eternal optimist and the eternal pessimist. I know both kinds of people, don't you? Are you one of them? I have swung back and forth between the two during my life. The past few years I have focused on returning to the faith of my youth. During that time, my attitude and outlook have been all over the board at times! While I was the "steady one" for most of my life, it has not always been real. The outside has not always reflected what was happening on the inside.

A few months ago, a close friend said something to me in an email that hit me hard. Aren't all of these ups and downs affecting my relationships? My job? That was another epiphany moment for me. I started praying about it that night. I started signing off my blog with "I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do..." as a daily reminder of how God wanted me to be. It would be real this time by using the strength of God through my feeble mind and heart to be the rock that my friends and family need to lean on. That IS what I do...through the power of God.

Finally, we can all be confident in the message of this verse: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 I have relied on this promise for most of my life. ;-)

Lord, thank you for your promise. I want to have faith and trust you that everything is working to the good of those who love you.

Movie Monday
The new Harry Potter movie came out on Friday. No, I didn't go to the 12:01 showing like I did last time. I took off work a little early (after going to the office VERY early) so I could see the movie Friday afternoon.

The movie was very true to the book. It was dark. It was depressing, like if you only read half the book. Some cool characters died. There was a cliffhanger ending. It was also very exciting, especially with all the special effects during the fight scenes. I thought it was very well done. After 2:20, I was ready to watch the second half right away! We will have to wait until next year! I give this movie 3 bear paws. You should see this on the big screen!

Other Stuff
I had a busy weekend, but managed to get some much needed sleep. We had a nice time at our dinner group last night. Thanks everyone!

I get to spend some time with friends this week, then take Thanksgiving dinner to my Mom's apartment on Thursday. Thank goodness for Mimi's Cafe! ;-) I know how to cook Thanksgiving dinner, but I don't really have time to worry about it this week. I will warm up the meal I ordered from Mimi's and throw in a Honey Baked Ham as well. Woohoooo!

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment