Saturday, November 20, 2010

Make me an instrument...

Our Daily Bread
I was reminded this week of the methodology used my ex-partner to teach music to children. The keys to the approach are getting each child involved in movement and playing an instrument. Orff designed the approach to enable children to be successful in creating music and expressing themselves through movement.

Isn't that the kind of methodology that God uses for His children? We learn by getting involved with movement (doing thins for God and for others). Instead of "playing" an instrument, we ARE the instrument of God's peace and love. Are you an instrument of God's peace and love or are you a clanging timbrel just making useless noise?

This is a great quote. Let it be our prayer for today:
"We gain the victory when we give up sin’s pleasure in exchange for Christ’s power."

Simply Saturday
Sorry I missed my Friday entry! I had a very busy week. I had to get into work very early on Friday. I didn't stop after I left the house in the morning. I had a great day, but it was tiring!

We were able to get started on the testing phase of my big project. Whew! Things are not working the way I want, but we are making progress. I need to work some this weekend.

I had a nice lunch with a close friend. I shared with him my latest epiphany. I will write more about that when I get time.

I saw the Harry Potter movie. I will review it on Monday, so stay tuned!

I had dinner with Bub (my Sunday Friend last Sunday). I am glad God put us in each other's lives. We are already getting to be close friends.

I went to see Cats with my mentor. We had a nice time. The show was great!

I am driving to Wooster today to help out my mother. She had knee surgery yesterday. She can move around with a walker. I want to support her like she supported me during my eye surgery in June.

I am looking forward to my dinner group tomorrow night.

Go Bucks! Beat Iowa! OH -- IO!!! ;-)

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment