Friday, November 5, 2010

You're the only Jesus...

Our Daily Bread
..some will ever see, you're the only words of life, some will ever read..." These lyrics are from yet another old Contemporary Christian song I used to sing when I was in college. "IIf not in you, I wonder where will they ever see the One who really cares?" If not in me? Yikes!

This goes back to my old joke about wearing my church tshirt. I don't like wearing it for long because that means I have to be nice to people! I don't want to embarrass my church!

Like this blog, my life is an open book for all to read. Will my readers see a loving man of God, a scary character that deserves to belong in a Saw movie or a reality TV show, or something else? If not in me. If not in you. How will they see the love of God?

Lord, I want to show your love each and every day, in each and every way.

Foodie Friday
The recipe theme for this month is Thanksgiving! Yeah! I LOVE Thanksgiving meals! I am trying some different recipes this year with a friend who is cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. This will be exciting. Here is the bacon-jalapeno stuffing recipe we are trying tomorrow:

Bacon-Jalapeno Stuffing

Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine

Prep Time:
20 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
15 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
8 servings

Directions

In a large deep skillet, saute 1/4 pound diced bacon in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes; transfer to paper towels.

Season with salt and pepper and add 1 chopped onion, 3 chopped celery stalks, 1 diced jalapeno, 1 tablespoon thyme and 3/4 teaspoon chili powder; cook 5 minutes.

Pour in 3 cups chicken broth. Simmer until step 5.

In a large bowl, mix 2 eggs, 1 cup diced pepper jack cheese and the bacon.

Add to the bowl 8 cups toasted white bread cubes, 6 cups crumbled cornbread and the hot broth mixture.

Gently toss the stuffing, then spread in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Dot the top with butter or turkey pan drippings, cover and bake 30 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake until golden, 20 more minutes.

Other Stuff
I messed up a calendar entry last night. I showed up for an appointment that I had on my calendar incorrectly. Oh well. I picked up supper and spent some time with fly bear. He helped me with the Thanksgiving meal shopping for this Saturday's cooking extravaganza. We had a nice time hanging out.

I had to work for a few hours last night. Lots of things going on the last part of the year. I am trying to keep a handle on them. It will all work out. I need to be steady and not stress eat.

I am looking forward to this weekend. Lots of fun activities planned as well as some rest.

Something is going on with me. I don't know what. The road ahead of me is unclear, however, I will trust God and keep walking.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment