Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Two for the road...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is about order in the universe. The author gives the examples of music and medicine. Music can soothe. Medicine can heal. Neither can function without order! He ends with the point that Jesus restores God's order to the universe through his love and his sacrifice. Very cool...

Music and medicine have meant a lot to me for most of my life. As many of your know, my undergraduate degree is in Church Music. I was a voice major. I still sing when I have the chance. I need to sing more. Music is the most complete way for me to express myself and for my mind and heart to be spoken to. I am sure you picked up on that if you have read my blog at all! I refer to special songs all the time!

I have been a sickly person for most of my life. I look as healthy as a horse, well maybe an overweight horse, but still healthy looking. I am fortunate and blessed and thankful to have survived many health issues. I am still fighting some today. I will overcome with God's help. Each challenge helps me trust God more.

My prayer for you is that you let Jesus restore order to your life. I am not saying it will be easy. Remember his call to his disciples? Pick up everything and follow me. Have faith. Trust God. It is a journey on a "no ordinary life".

Lord, please help us be thankful. Help us learn to trust and have faith.

Weight Loss Wednesday
Well, I may not suck as bad at this weight loss stuff as what I thought. I have been trying harder to reduce the amount of carbs I eat and thus the amount of insulin I take. Here are the weigh in results for this week:
Last week: 271.0
This week: 265.8
Lost this week: 5.2 pounds
Lost in total: 6.2 pounds

I will try to keep it up despite the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to lose 80 pounds. I will take it easy and try to change my eating habits. I can do this -- only with God's help.

I usually watch carbs and not always calories. The higher levels of insulin I need to take to process carbs usually induces a chemical reaction that causes weight gain. Stress and overeating don't help this condition at all. I am doing better about handling both. ;-)

Other Stuff
I had another busy day at work. We got some things done yesterday, but had some other odd issues as well. I fixed some things towards the end of the day that should make things work better today. I will see how it goes.

I had a nice dinner with a close friend last night. We talked and watched a movie. He liked the dinner I made (that is always so nerve wrecking!). I appreciate the way we can talk about stuff.

I have some errands to run after work tonight. I have to pick up the Mimi's Cafe meal and the Honey Baked Ham for tomorrow. I also want to drop off some laundry. I may make a sugar free chocolate pie to take tomorrow as well.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment