Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just say "yes"

Our Daily Bread
Nancy Reagan made the phrase "Just say no" famous during her husband's presidency. How many times have we joked about that phrase? ;-)

The devotional talks about saying yes. I like this sentence a LOT:
"And we can say yes to “righteousness” (right behavior), “faith” (right belief), “love” (right response), and “peace” (right focus)." That is a LOT to say yes to! I like to focus on the yes's of the Bible. Many folks think there are too many no's! We think of the Ten Commandments. We often forget about how many yes's there are and how Jesus told us to live rather than how NOT to live.

Lord, help me focus on the yes's in your Word. If I do that, I won't have time to do the no's!

Weight Loss Wednesday
I probably need to get another topic for Wednesdays. ;-( I suck at weight loss worse than I did writing about relationships! ;-p Oh well. In short, I gained a pound or two this week. I am -1 pound overall, which is good news. I tried to stop stress eating. I am doing better than usual, but still not good enough. I am keeping my blood sugar under control by taking a lot of insulin. Please say a little prayer for me. I can do this. I really can. (I think I can, I think I can...) hehehe

Other Stuff
God had a different plan for last night than what I planned. I think that was a good thing. I am not so sure my plan was a sound one! Relationships are a funny thing. I will keep walking down this road even though I have no idea where it is going. It may end soon or it may never end. I have no clue. I do know that I have faith in what God has promised me. I will trust Him more than ever.

I am making great progress on my big project at work. We are at least a day ahead of schedule this week. I am happy and thankful. We will see how things go today.

I have my Discipleship 2 class tonight. I am looking forward to that.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment