Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday, but not in my heart...

Our Daily Bread
God has really used this devotional site to speak to me in the last year. I am so thankful for the messages I read every day. The devotional today is no exception. The scripture is the basis for a favorite sacred art song - The Lord is my Light. I love singing that song!

So how does one get to the point in his or her spiritual life that one "pants for God like a deer panting for water". Wow! I had a few short-lived periods like this in my life. They were way too short. I want to get back to that state of mind somehow.

What am I doing to continue growing? First, I put meaningful scripture passages in obvious places during my day. I read them almost every day to remind me. I write this blog so I read and write about my devotional each day. I am taking a Disciple class at church in which I study several chapters in the Bible each week. I also made a commitment to pray more and talk less (THAT was an adjustment!). I will keep trusting and having faith in God. I will do my best to move forward in my relationship with him. That is what I do...

Lord, help each of us to trust in you to be our light each and every day.

Special Edition: Black Friday
I had a nice day with my family for Thanksgiving. The meal turned out great. Everyone seemed to enjoy the time together. I got the mess cleaned up at my mother's apartment and then drove home to rest.

A good buddy wanted to shop the Black Friday sales this morning. I was crazy enough to go with him! We got up at 3:00 am. Made it to a horribly long line at Target before they opened. We bought most of the sale items we wanted and got out of that craziness about 5:05 am. We picked up a gift for my buddy's mother at Sears. We went to Walmart to check out the sales there. We got out of there very quickly compared to Target! We also stopped by Meijer, Home Depot and then had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. We finished off our shopping extravaganza at Target (again) and a different Meijer store (they had a special item the first Meijer didn't carry). It was a great morning deserving of a late morning nap! After lunch, my buddy helped me carry the Christmas decorations up from the basement. I will spend this evening and tomorrow putting up the trees and other decorations. I will post some of the pictures on here.

On a sad note, I fell off of a pallet while picking up a box. My foot got caught in the corner of the pallet. I fell and landed HARD on my knees. My left knee took most of the impact, but I twisted my right knee in the process since my right foot got caught in the pallet. Ouch. Did I mention Ouch? OH well. It hurts. I will put some ice on them and alternate with heat. I am limping a little bit. I should be OK.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment