Sunday, November 7, 2010

Surely the presence...

Our Daily Bread
Yet another song running through my mind:
"Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place,
I can feel his mighty power and his grace..."

I have a silly joke about that song:
Believer: "Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place".
God: "Yes, I am, and please don't call me Shirley..."

Sorry, I love the original Airplane movie. Those silly jokes pop up in the most unlikely of places!

On a serious note, can you feel the presence of God in your place of worship? If so why? If not, why not? Think and pray about that. The devotional gave some insight into how a church can show the presence of God. I thought that was very cool. The bottom line: we should all do our part to make our place of worship feel the presence of God!

Lord, I want to be hospitable and all the other things that help our church show your presence.

Sunday Friend
I met a new friend a few weeks ago. We actually met at a cookout in July, but didn't start talking until a few weeks ago after his testimony at church. I discovered that we have very similar life stories. He is in the stage that I was in about 20 years ago. I felt God telling me to get to know him so he would have a friend that understood what he was going through. We have talked and texted for over a month now. It is evident that we both have our strengths and weaknesses and that we can help each other. Very cool.

It is also important to me that I am a platonic gay friend. He is 17 years younger than me, which is too young for me to date in my experience. I told him I wasn't presumptuous enough to think he wanted to date me! I feel that God will use our friendship in a special way as we both continue to grow in the Lord and follow the road God put before us. We already have a nickname for each other. That is something I do with special friends. A term of endearment. Thank God for old friends and for new ones.

Other Stuff
Wow! Talk about turkey! Bubba the turkey (my hero nicknamed the turkey...) turned out great. The turkey looked wonderful and tasted great. The bacon jalapeno stuffing was excellent. The homemade yeast rolls were wonderful. The pumpkin-apple pie was out of this world. I helped with the whipped potatoes (not really mashed, but whipped). They turned out almost as good as Grandma's! We also had a side of broccoli with cheese sauce that I microwaved. It was OK, but not great. My hero and I had a great time in the kitchen. We had a great time with my friends at dinner.

I didn't have to work as long as I planned last night. That was good. I cleaned up the kitchen and was still able to get to bed by 11:30, which was only 10:30 after the time change. I slept LATE this morning!

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment