Monday, November 15, 2010

The sometimes GREAT divide...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is about two missionaries who were able to cross a cultural divide to witness to two rough German hoodlums. Quite a story! It shows how God can work on anyone through anyone!

What does this story mean to me? I started thinking about how different my "no ordinary life" is from many people I meet, most of my family and even some of my friends. There really is a cultural divide for many reasons. I told one friend that even if I wasn't gay that I would still have very little in common with my family (except the blood relation of course). The experiences I have had in my life have shaped me in a very different way -- different not necessarily better! I am no better than anyone else! The point of the devotional is to reach across the divide to minister and tell people about Christ.

Lord, I ask for your strength and wisdom in cross the great divide between me and persons you want me to minister to. Thank you!

Movie Monday
The movie this weekend was Morning Glory. My buddy Fly bear picked a cute one this week!

The story is about a twenty-something young professional that has a dream of producing a morning TV show. She is smart, funny, quirky, and a workaholic. The plot centered around her trials of getting the ratings for a really bad morning show out of the dumpster!

The acting was appropriate for the plot, though Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton didn't seem to have enough material to work with at times. All the other characters were pretty good as well.

I give this movie two bear paws. It was nice.

Other Stuff
I had a relaxing Sabbath. I dropped some stuff off at my hero's house for her Thanksgiving dinner extravaganza on Saturday. I went to church. I spent the afternoon with my buddy Fly bear. We figured out that our schedules won't match up again until after Thanksgiving, so we went to lunch, a movie, and then hung out at his grandparents house for a while. Good times!

The sprint to finish my big project by early December continues today. I have an IBM consultant coming in to assist. Should be exciting... ;-p Please say a prayer for me as I try to be nice and steady and upbeat at work during this stressful time.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment