Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ordinary people...God uses...Ordinary people...

Our Daily Bread
As most of you know, I am a musician, a singer. I have heard a LOT of Christian songs over the years. One that I found interesting is in the title of the posting today -- Ordinary people. That is what the devotional is talking about today.

I have to admit that I don't always give each person the attention and respect s/he deserves. I wonder how many times I "dismiss" people and miss a blessing? Don't we all do that at times? We see someone who is different or not the kind of person we usually associate with? I know I usually dismiss Republicans! hehehe Blah, blah, blah is all I hear! hehehe Just kidding!

Lord, Help me remember TEDAR - treat everyone with dignity and respect! You may use the unlikeliest person to speak to me!

Technology Thursday
My aunt is looking for a video camera. I told here that there were many, many options now since the technology has become ubiquitous. Here is a quick list of questions to ask yourself before buying one (so you know what features to look for). Next week, I will write more about video cameras and the features to look for.
  1. What kind of picture quality do I want (regular or HD)
  2. How long do I want to shoot video (battery life and memory considerations)
  3. Where do I want to play the video (DVD on my TV, Youtube, etc.)
  4. Do I want to hold the camera or mount it on a tripod? (size and steadiness requirements)
  5. Do I need zoom? If so, how much?
  6. How much do I want to pay?
  7. How much do I want to pay for recording media?
  8. Ease of use (Do I have to be a rocket scientist to use this thing?)
I hope this quick list will give you some things to think about before you start looking for video cameras. You can use the answers to start narrowing down the list of choices. Lastly, don't forget to add the cost of a carrying case and other accessories to your budget. Those things can add up!

Other Stuff
I ran some errands last night after work, then relaxed and meditated a little while before Disciple 2 class started. We had a good class (again!). I was supposed to work afterwards, but my resource was not available due to a production issue. We will try again tonight.

Looking forward to spending time with friends at lunch and at supper tonight. Should be a good day.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment