Sunday, November 28, 2010

What do you treasure?

Our Daily Bread
"Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." Matt 6:21 In modern day language, I translate this verse as "whatever is a priority to you, you will spend you time on it". Whoa! I learned something about this during my Walk to Emmaus. When someone says, "I am sorry, I don't have time for you" or more subtlety "Oh, I am soooo busy, you wouldn't believe it", they are really saying "you are not a priority to me". Why do say this when it sounds sort of mean?
Look at your own life. Don't you "make" time for the things or people that are really important to you? You drop everything when a close friend needs your help. You make time to spend with a family member at the hospital. You carve out time in your schedule for that special event at church that means a lot to you? We all do it. It is important to recognize that we do it and set out priorities correctly.

Lord, I want you and your will to be my priority. Please help me do that every day.

Sunday Friend
My Sunday Friend is a close friend from St Louis. I will call him the Longing One. I met him the same weekend I first met my best friend face to face. We talked a lot and found out we had a lot in common. We kept in touch over the years. We visited each other at different times during our friendship. We have the kind of friendship that we can pick up at any time and remain close even if we haven't spoken in a while. He tried to keep up with my blog, which means a lot to me.

I call him the Longing One because he has always longed for the kind of long-term relationship that God had for him. We were not meant to be together, but we could always talk about our spiritual lives and our relationships. He has been with his current partner for a long time now. I am so happy for both of them. I wish them well and pray for them as they continue to grow together as a couple. I am so proud of him and am blessed to have him in my life. He prays for me to be patient as I am waiting for my special man to come along.

Other Stuff
My right knee is doing a little better today after elevating it and alternating ice and movement yesterday. I will take it easy again today. I am still having major issues with it. The xrays showed no fractures according to the doctor at the urgent care center. I will schedule an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. The bruise on the left knee is coming out now. ;-( It is tender, but not sore. It is sort of embarrassing explaining that I injured myself in a tragic shopping accident. ;-p It is what it is!

I watched football yesterday and did some reading for D2. I have to admit that I did a lot of stress eating. I will do better today. ;-(

The testing continues. I am doing my best to pass this one. I can only do this with God's help.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment