Friday, November 12, 2010

What are you looking for?

Our Daily Bread
What are you looking for from Jesus? The devotional talks about the people of Jesus' time expecting him to provide food and to be their liberator from the Romans (much like Moses was from the Egyptians many years before). It was an honest and reasonable expectation in their minds because of their history.

Jesus gave his answer in the scripture passage for the day. He came to bring the bread of eternal life.

What do you looking for from Jesus? I struggle with this thought sometimes. I hear songs like "Rescue" that asks that Jesus rescue the singer from the current entrapment. I understand that better now, but I think some folks think of Jesus as a life jacket when they are in deep water -- and they are always in deep water! I will pray more about that. I know I have asked for rescue many times. That is not the only time I pray. ;-p

Lord, thank you for being our eternal bread of life. I pray that all folks will partake of that gift.

Foodie Friday
I do not have a specific recipe today, but I want to let you know about free cooking classes offered by Williams-Sonoma. A friend recently attended one and loved it. The only downside is that they try to sell their products, some of which can be expensive in my view of the world, as part of the recipes and techniques. These classes are particularly cool during the holidays when cooking is usually very important. Here is a link to the classes. Find the ones offered at your local store.

I will have a new recipe next week. I am running late today! Sorry!

Other Stuff
I had a nice supper with a buddy last night. We had a nice talk and some laughs. I am still chuckling about the funny things we came up with last night.

I had to do a few things around the house when I got home, then went to bed early.

This weekend and next week will be particularly busy with my big project at work. Lord, please help me to relax and be nice.

I am looking forward to the Emmaus super gathering tonight.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment