Monday, November 1, 2010

Why work?

Our Daily Bread
A popular saying is "Don't worry! Be happy!" A saying that the casual reader could derive from the Monday devotional is "Why work? We all end up the same way we came into the world!" Yes, we should all work. The question is what type of work should be our focus. Here is my humble opinion on this topic.

Do you best in whatever you do so you can honor God. It is that simple. We all can't be rich and spend our days performing volunteer work for needy organizations. Do your best at work. Do you best at home. Do you best in your relationships. Be the best you can be to glorify God.

Lord, I will be leaving this world as I entered it. I want to stockpile riches in heaven, not here.

Movie Monday
OK, you are not going to believe this. A friend wanted to see Saw 3D yesterday afternoon, so we went to Easton for a spooky movie on Halloween. I haven't seen any of the other Saw movies, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect except for blood and guts. The blood and guts in 3D were pretty wild!

If you have seen any of the movies, you know the plot. There is none. hehehe This one had a small plot as the original Jigsaw's wife tried to kill his accomplice. The "game" continued several times as the police chased the accomplice and protected the wife. There was a dramatic twist at the end. Lots of blood and guts flying at you in 3D!

I remember now why I haven't seen any of the other movies... ;-) I give this movie one bear paw.

Other Stuff
I went in to work for a short time yesterday morning, but was disappointed. The software fix I was supposed to install was not successful. I emailed IBM about the problem, then went to early church instead of late church. I missed the church wide lunch and trunk or treat event after late church, but I ran some errands and took a short nap. After the nap, I walked about two miles and then got cleaned up. I fixed an early supper for my buddy before we went to the movie. The chicken and stuffing casserole turned out great! We had a nice time hanging out before and after the movie.

Not sure what this week will bring. I need to make some plans for the holidays, but I have an odd feeling for some reason. Not sure what is going on. I will pray and listen to see what God has in mind. I have no clue. "I have no idea where the road is going, but I will follow it any way". -- Thomas Merton

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment