Monday, November 29, 2010

My hands are not empty...

Our Daily Bread
The timeliness that God displays to me almost every day when I read these devotionals never ceases to amaze me!

I was a little "down" over the weekend. I was going through some tests and wasn't doing as well as what I wanted. Yes, God was there to strengthen me. He was there to forgive me when I failed. We had a talk this morning about helping me break my rebellious spirit when I find it necessary to do things my own way. I am not trusting enough. Not having faith in the promises that God made to me. I know that is just human. I have been working so hard to be a better child of God. When I listened, he finally got through to me that I have been trying too hard instead of relying on him more. DOH!

So what is in your hand today? I found some wonderful friendships (even though I don't have a boyfriend or partner). I found a great job (all jobs have their faults). I found a wonderful home (even though it needs maintenance and repairs regularly). I found health that is good enough to do the things I need to do (even after the Triple Axle I did off the palette at Target on Friday). I found so many things that God has strengthened me to do and have. In Christ alone will I glory. In Christ alone will I have faith and trust.

Your hands are not empty either. Take a look. Don't let the failures of the past or the worries about the future ruin the present.

Lord, thank you for being my strength and hope.

Movie Monday
I had time to see two movies this weekend: Megamind and Burlesque. Quite different movies!

Megamind: Megamind was sort of a typical Dreamworks "let's learn a lesson from the characters" kind of movie. It was cute. It had some very funny moments. It also had some odd moments. In short, the story line is two aliens make their way to earth when their planets explode. One finds his way to a rich family and has the best of everything (and turns out good). The other one lands in a prison and is raised by prisoners. Guess what? He turns out bad! Go figure! Their rivalry is not really one -- MetroMan, the good guy, always beats Megamind, the bad guy. You will have to see the movie for the ending. I give tihs movie two bear paws.

Burlesque: Seeing and hearing Christina Aguilera sing the songs in the movie was worth the price of admission. It is a good thing. There isn't a lot more there! There is a love story. There is Cher losing the club. There is her gay assistant (Stanley Tucci, grrrr, who I had always hoped was gay!). The dancing, songs and music are very cool. I give this one two bear paws as well. Oh, and there is an Best Song Oscar moment for Cher that wasn't too bad. ;-)

Other Stuff
My knees are doing better. I tried to take it easy yesterday. I kept them elevated via a large pillow. I can do more on my right knee this morning than I could yesterday morning. I will be careful. I will take it easy. I will schedule an appointment with the doctor.

I did some reading for my D2 class. I need to look at the chapters some more after I finish reading everything the first time. I am not getting some of the scripture readings. I will read the book closer to get more understanding.

More fun at work today. We plan to upgrade our next lab this week. We are still on schedule to do our production upgrade on Dec 10. Whew!

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment