Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WWBBD?

Our Daily Bread
Sorry, the title is an odd reference to the first South Park movie - What Would Brian Boitano Do? hehehe The devotional today is much more serious. Not only what would Jesus do, but what DID Jesus do.

Jesus died for your sins and mine on the cross. He rose again victorious over death. He ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of God. Talk about "no ordinary life'!

Our big question is: how will we react to what Jesus did for us? We all make choices each day. We all can chose to live for Christ or not. It is that simple. Yes, we all fall. Yes, we all make mistakes. The key is to get right back up and keep trying. Each time we sin it becomes easier to sin the next time.

Lord, I want to be more like you. Please help me make better choices each day.

Discipleship Two-sday
The themes for the two chapters this week are Justice and Compassion. To be frank (and I usually am), I am just not getting these two topics. I will finish reading and studying tonight and maybe a little bit before class tomorrow night. The scripture passages are all over the Old Testament. I am not connecting to the language in the passages. I will have to pay close attention tomorrow night in class!

Other Stuff
I went to the doctor yesterday to look at my knees. There is just a bruise on the left knee. We are going to do an MRI on the right knee. There might be cartilage damage. It is feeling better, but still gimpy. I will blog about my experience.

I had a nice evening with Fly bear. I always enjoy spending time with my close friend.

Busy day at work yesterday. Today will be the same. We are counting down to the upgrade weekend. Whew!

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment