Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Mommy says I am special...

Our Daily Bread
Yes, we all know this joke "I am special because my Mommy tells me I am!" hehehe God thinks we are special, too. Out of all of the people that have lived throughout history, he knows each and every one of us intimately!

I have a hard time understanding why people get depressed, or at least I used to. One of the many personality "enhancements" or "upgrades" God installed in me through my experiences the past three years is being more understanding and empathetic. Yes, I have had my very low times. Times where God and I were at odds. Times when I didn't want to be around other folks at all. All I wanted to do was eat and watch movies. Not a good thing!

I found myself traveling in the wilderness like the people of Israel. God was trying to lead me to a better me. I kept whining about how comfortable the old me was! It was sooooo much easier not to change! What finally convinced me that I am on the right road? I have not been convinced. I am just having faith for the next few steps. I may not see the road ahead or where it might lead -- whether it is my love life, my health, or whatever. All I know is that there is a road and I need to follow it one step at a time. What is God asking you to do?

Lord, thank you for a life that is like the TV show "The Amazing Race". I can't imagine a life without trusting you. Please help me trust you more.

Simply Saturday
Wow, what a crazy week! I laughed, I cried, I sang songs from Wicked! I know I am such a silly bear at times!

I had a nice time at the Emmaus Super Gathering last night. I had to leave early to go to work for a while. I got home and crashed!

I am running errands, working and relaxing today and tomorrow. I didn't plan much since I have been so busy the past few weeks. The next few weeks will be very hectic as well. My second big project of the year is hitting full stride the next few weeks. Consultants on site. Lots of installing and troubleshooting. Whew! I plan to see the show Cats on Friday night. Going to visit my mother on Saturday to help her after her surgery on Friday. I have my church dinner group next Sunday. THEN, Thanksgiving will be here! Whew! I can do this! hehehe

Please be in prayer for me about my relationships. God is moving. I need to listen to and obey what he is telling me. He works in mysterious ways. I can only trust and be thankful.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment