Saturday, November 6, 2010

This is the day...

Our Daily Bread
This is the day! Do it NOW! Just do it! Carpe diem! We have all heard these motivational slogans or cries to make the most of this day. Today.

Being a guy that likes to plan, even I miss this sometimes. There is an element of being a child of God that requires us to listen to his still, small voice (or his loud yelling voice to get through to me sometimes) and just do it now. No planning. It is a matter of trusting and obeying -- today.

In the business world, we have a term called opportunity cost. It is the cost of missing an opportunity to introduce a revolutionary new product to market, of a missed business deal, etc. What is our opportunity cost when it comes to not obeying God today?

Lord, I want my opportunity cost to be ZERO! ;-) I want to listen and take advantage of every opportunity you put in front of me.

Simply Saturday
Today is "let's make the Thanksgiving recipes and see how they turn out" day! Woohoooo! I love Thanksgiving dinner. My hero and I have been planning the schedule and gathering all of the ingredients for the feast this evening. This is her trial run for the big dinner she is making for her friends in a few weeks. We will laugh and cry (and I will try not to sing songs from Cats) during the process this afternoon. ;-)

Speaking of Cats, I received my tickets in the mail yesterday for the Nov 19 show in Columbus. I asked a buddy to go with me, but I haven't heard back from him yet. Cats was the first Broadway show I saw at the theater (for what its worth). There are some special memories there... Pun intended. ;-)

I had a nice dinner with my walking buddy and her husband last night, then visited with my buddy, fly bear. We planned to go to a movie, but decided to stay in to watch TV and hang out. We had a nice evening. His cats like me and were all over their Uncle Duane. ;-)

I have to work some this weekend. This overtime stuff will pass in the next month or two.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment